Monday 11 November 2013

Contemporary Elizabethan

Contemporary Elizabethan

For the practice of Contemorary Elizabethan I have been studying the appearance and techniques used in the Elizabethan era. With these skills, i am now designing hair styles that covey a new Elizabethan.







Using the hair charts here, i have decided that i would like to use the following techniques:

* Twists
* Volume
* Crimping
* Ribbon



 The design had to be suitable for our own hair type. Once i started to recreate the design i found that it wouldn't really work on my own hair. My hair is short and thin, therefore i would need to add the crimping to make it thicker with more volume. I found it difficult to recreate the design on my own hair, therefore more practice is definitely needed!  I didn't add the ribbon because i wasn't happy with the result of the test. I think that i would need to add more hair to my own hair to create more volume meaning I would have more to work with to make the design work. The ribbon could then be added to complete the look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment