Sunday 27 October 2013

Development 'Smart Scarlett'


Following on from the previous Scarlett Johnasson image, I decided to develop the braid made out of fabric over the front of the hair to create a contemporary version of Elizabethan head pieces.


Above is the first image. I created the braid at the front of the hair out of fabric and then added silver to add more texture to the hair. I then added more blush to the cheek to link the look back to the Elizabethan era. I used a red colour fabric because red was seen as the colour of wealth.


Above is the second image. For this image I decided to create two braids and have them placed down the side of the face instead of over the forehead. I added the green to create a look which would resemble more of a head piece. However I really do not like the green. I wanted the card to resemble the Elizabethan collar but it would have been better if it was in a different material, like lace. I then added the jewel to the front, as was common on head pieces. I think that the first look is better than this one.

For the third image, I decided to experiment with ribbon and rope to create an alternative look to the braid. I started to braid the materials together which made them twist at the bottom so I then doubled it over to create a big piece. I think this would be better incorporated into the hair, not over the front of the face. I then added the jewel once again to link back to the jewels that would have been on Elizabethan head pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment