Sunday 20 October 2013

Elizabethan Scarlett


'And lest it should fall down, it is underpropped with forks, wyres, & I can not tel what, rather like grim stern monsters, than chaste christian matrones.'
Philip Stubbles. 1st March 1583. Stationers Register.The Anatomie of Abuses. 1583



Scarlett Johansson for Dolce & Gabbana. Image found in Vogue April 2013 issue


Above is one of the images i chose to look at when given the word smart. The task now, was to add Elizabethan details to the image in order to relate the image to my chosen quote. I added red fabric to the image, braided to create a head piece which was common in the Elizabethan era. I chose to use red fabric as this signifies wealth. The silver to the right is there to signify jewels, which would have also been on Elizabethan headpieces. I then added colour to the cheeks to create more of a blush against the pale skin. In terms of relation to my quote, the braided fabric could have been wrapped around wire and placed further back into the hair to keep the hair from falling down. This would have also shown the high forehead that was desired in the Elizabethan era. 

No comments:

Post a Comment