Friday 6 December 2013

Evaluation on my performance



For our timed assessment we got paired with another person from the class to recreate our contemporary Elizabethan designs. Personally, I was more nervous to recreate the hair design given to me by my partner Sandra as it seemed so complex. However, after practising and discussing the look I felt more confident. The makeup design was simple to create but very detailed, which meant that I had to practise keeping a steady hand! 

To begin the assessment, I prepped Sandra’s hair by curling it; because she had hair extensions in, it took longer which is why I came in earlier to get everything ready. I felt that I kept to the time management well with the hair. The only thing that I did struggle with, was getting the wire into the hair and how to attach it. This was because I didn’t have the wire in the practise sessions to see how to do it. Trying to get the wire into the hair was time costly and meant that I had less time to work on the makeup.

The detailing on the makeup was something that I practised in the makeup sessions and at home because I wanted to get this right. On the day, the lines weren’t as neat as I wanted them to be. If I was going to create this look again I would definitely spend longer on the makeup to make sure that it was completely perfect. I am happy with the images created and think that they are quite strong and show an interesting take on Contemporary Elizabethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment