Friday 6 December 2013

Partners Assessment


For our timed assessment we got paired with another person from the class to recreate our contemporary Elizabethan designs. Personally, I was more nervous to recreate the hair design given to me by my partner Sandra as it seemed so complex. However, after practising and discussing the look I felt more confident. 

Below are some images from the practise session: 

  

 

Sandra's design included padding and wire. The padding was placed at the back of the head and pinned down so that the hair could cover this creating a curled effect at the front. The wire would be placed at the front where Sandra's hand is in order to make the hair stand out to the side. I like the idea here and think that it would work well with her makeup look. The hair in the assessment would be sprayed white to reflect on Sandra's inspiration, the Snow Queen.  

 
Above is the final assessment image. I like how Sandra has incorporated the foil to create this regal feel to the image. The hair was sprayed white so that the makeup flowed with the hair. Paper was also added to create another texture. If I had more time to do the hair I would have made the hair smoother on the sides and back so that there would not be the small hairs that you can see by the ear.

 

During the assessment we filled out a consultation form so that I would know how to work with Sandra's hair. 

Displaying photo.JPG





No comments:

Post a Comment