Friday 6 December 2013

Timed Assessment



In the next assessment session, my partner Sandra had to recreate my ideas. Beforehand, we had prepped and discussed the idea thoroughly so that it was understood where the idea had come from. The only thing missing on the day was my hair inspiration. I think that this would have helped Sandra to understand more the concept of where the hair idea came from. The execution of the idea was precise and in the given time. Sandra prepped my hair beforehand by crimping it which saved some time in the assessment. In my opinion I think that the hair could have been bigger on the side and also on the top. It probably would have been better to use padding as I would’ve been able to control how much volume I needed in the hair style. The whole hair idea was about texture, and this definitely came across through the crimping and the twists at the front. Originally I was going to have material twists in the front of the hair but we both decided that the hairstyle would look nice with just ribbon, as the material moved around.

For the makeup, I think that the eyes and lips weren’t as green as I wanted them to be because we were running out of time. Sandra was good at creating the base and really understood what I wanted to achieve with the highlighter and white triangles. The only thing I would have liked is for the lips to be more gradient like on my face chart. Other than that I am happy with the execution of the idea and am glad that we discussed the idea before and tried it out.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment