Friday 6 December 2013

Practise for Assessment

From the hair inspiration, I created the below hair chart which I wanted to take further and use for my assessment. 
The front of the hair would be made up of twists, which would be brought around to the back of the head and then pinned. The rest of the hair would be crimped. When my partner Sandra practised the look, we found that the hair looked better if the front was pushed forward more into more of a beehive look. The sides also looked better being pinned under to create a shape around the side of the head. I decided to add ribbon to the twist to create a colour that compliments the make up look. I also decided to keep the hair style quite simple, because my makeup look was more intricate and needed more time then the hair.

Displaying photo 1.JPG 
The only problem my partner came across when making the twists was keeping the ribbon in the right place. During the practise I had given my partner some material to place in the hair which would then build up creating a large hair piece. However I decided that I didn't like the material and thought that ribbon would be better in the hair, which I had already practised in lesson.  



 Displaying photo 3.JPG


 I like how you can see here the different textures of the hair and the height of the front of the hair. The sides could be bigger creating more volume to the look. After the assessment it was said that we should have used padding to create this look. I definitely agree with this because the padding would have controlled the look and made the sides even also creating the right amount of volume. I also decided that more hair was needed for when the timed assessment came around.

No comments:

Post a Comment